Have you installed solar panel for your home yet? If not, it’s time that you should at least think about it because solar energy is regarded as the most cost-effective, environment-friendly and a renewable source of energy. Most people choose to install solar panel as a smart investment or to be saved from lowering electricity bills. If you too are likely to set up a solar system, it’s crucial that you select the best one out of multiple options available in the market because the answer is simple: for the best quality, durability and production. However, to make sure that your investment is smart and that the solar panel you install for your home is the right one, you must evaluate different kinds of solar panels available in the market.I bought solar panels from Australian euro solar group provider which is owned by euro solar, I would like to say I am quite happy with my purchase. In this article, you will discover WHYs and HOWs of choosing the best solar panel in detail:
Why to Choose The Best Solar Panel
Although it is often the cost that bothers us the most, it will be wise to note that the best solar panels are not always the expensive ones. The best ones are in fact the ones that perform well, are long lasting and produce the amount of electricity as per your home requirement. However, it is entirely up to you to decide which one is a right one for you since the needs of people vary from one person to another. In general, you can consider the following three fundamental reasons to choose the best solar panel for your home:
1. For high production: The best solar panels are power tolerant, efficient and can produce a high amount of electricity.
2. For durability: The best solar panels make sure that they can withstand severe or unfavourable weather conditions without being damaged.
3. For quality: Never compromise on quality. When you buy a solar panel, always see if the manufacturer offers warranty and assurances for the panel.
Having said all these, it is again up to you to decide which solar panel is the right one for you. Some homeowners love to invest in the highest quality whereas some would just need a cheap one based on their energy requirement and budget availability for spending on electricity.
How To Choose The Best Solar Panel
Now that you know why you need the best solar panel, it’s time to learn how to choose it. Here are the factors you might want to consider before choosing the best solar panel for your home:
1. Power: If you want to make a smart investment on your solar panel, you must calculate how much power you need for your home and see if a particular panel can fulfil the need. At first, it’s important for you to know how much power the solar panel can generate, how much power it can store in daylight or how big the battery is and then compare them with your required power. After gauging and evaluating all these factors, you can easily conclude the answer you’re seeking for.
2. Space: The size of a panel will, of course, be dependent on how much space is available at your home. There are solar panels of varying size made by various manufacturers in the market, and you will have to decide which one fits your area. Alternatively, you can also combine two or more small solar panels together to adjust in the available area. Generally, more powerful solar panels are bigger in size, but in case, you are looking for a combination of high power and small size, it is useful to remember that crystalline panels are relatively smaller than amorphous panels for equivalent power.
3. Accessories: Think what accessories or additional equipment you need along with your chosen panel. Often, the accessories like plug, cables, blocking diodes and others are supplied as a kit along with the main panel. So when you are about to purchase your solar panel, you should check whether it has the accessories you require to mount the panel.
4. Portability: Portability is often a desired feature of solar panel for people who are moving or travelling from one place to another. If you are the kind, know that you need a rollable panel which is very handy and lighter to carry. However, if you plan to install the panel on motor homes, sheds or boats, then you should go for permanent installation options which are based on rigid frame module. They are much heavier and cheaper than portable ones.
5. Budget: Solar panels are often chosen as a cheaper source of energy. While selecting the right solar panel for your home, you might want to consider the features that get along with your budget. For instance, if you have a lesser budget but are fine with permanent installation; it is fine to install rigid ones instead of rollable ones. Similarly, remember that the cost of panels rises with the size of their power. Besides, packaging, instructions, accessories, junction box, etc. also determine their price.
6. Solar Cell Type: Choose the type of solar cell that is best for you. There are three kinds of solar cells namely: monocrystalline silicon, polycrystalline silicon and amorphous silicon. The first one is good regarding tolerating heat, working efficiency and smallness in size. The second one, however, has become the most popular choice for installing solar panels at homes. The reason behind this is because its technology has been recently improved with better efficiency, higher heat tolerance and smaller size which make it better than monocrystalline silicons. Finally, the third one or amorphous silicon is known for its thin film or least amount of silicon usage. Thin silicon solar cell type is less efficient than monocrystalline and polycrystalline silicons, but if you are to choose the most efficient one of this category, Solar Frontier CIS solar panel is the best example of thin-film module.
Selecting the best solar panel is critical for your home, and that is why you must know why you should do it and how you can do it. Following helpful tips as mentioned above certainly, makes the job easier.